Baked Camenbert with Garden Herbs and Fig
November 16, 2021
Camembert, infused with garden winter herbs and fig. Wrapped in crispy filo pastry, quickly baked and served with local charcuterie, chutney and breads.
- 1 round of best quality camembert cheese possible, approx 10oz
- 2 dried fig, finely sliced
- 2 tbsps fig jam
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary, thyme, sage
- 2 double sheets of filo pastry.
- 2 tbsps water to seal the pastry
Pre-heat for oven to 390f
Score the cheese and press in the sliced fig.
Spread the fig jam and agg the whole sprigs of herbs.
Wrapped both sides with pastry.
Baked in the oven for 20mins.
Serve with chutney, breads and charcuterie.
Once you break the pastry, remove the herbs.