VIRTUAL TASTING: New Producer Domaine Royet - June 13, 2021
Reserve by June 3rd to ensure wine delivery
Cannot Ship to MI, KY, MS, DE, RI, UT
June 13, 2021
3PM EST/12 PM PST
Hosted by Dennis Sherman, Stephen Lenahan and Greg Bothwell.
The summer months are here and with all this heat we decided that we could all use a couple of refreshing bottles of wine to enjoy. This month’s tasting Dennis, Stephen, and Greg have decided to kick back and showcase one of our new producers Domaine Royet from a new appellation in Burgundy, the Côte du Couchois. Open a window or sit out on your patio, these wines go perfectly with a beautiful summer breeze.
*How Dennis met this producer and what he saw in his wines
* The history of DomaineRoyet
* The appellation of the Côte du Couchois
* The specific plots and the vinification method
* The method of making Crement
* The structure of each wine
* The drinking window of these wines and how they will age
* What Nature means when it comes to sparkling wines
* Other Elden Selection wines where you could explore terroir with friends and family.
Domaine Royet Crémant Nature NV
Fine, pearly bubbles, well-integrated into a vinous balanced wine, this non-dosed extra brut character gives this cuvée great aromatic purity. Grape variety: 40% Chardonnay 15% Aligoté 40% Pinot Noir 5% Gamay.
Domaine Royet Bourgogne Chardonnay 'Fût de Chêne' 2019
Golden color, nose slightly vanilla oak. On the palate, the attack is soft and full, the aromas of yellow citrus fruits give way to a softness and opulence that fills the mouth and finishes long on the palate.