HOSPICE DE BEAUNE 12 BOTTLE MIXED CASE
When in 1443 Nicolas Rolin, Chancellor to Philippe Le Bon, Duke of Burgundy, with his wife Guigone de Salins founded the Hospices de Beaune to care for the poor, this was, perhaps, the first example of philanthropic care anywhere. Over the centuries numerous donations of vineyards have made the Hospices one of the most important vineyard owners in Burgundy. The wines made from these lands are sold every year at the most famous charity wine auction in the world. Each year, wine professionals and connoisseurs gather in Beaune on the weekend of the third Sunday in November for the purest of Burgundian traditions. Proceeds from the sale are used to fund Beaune’s General Hospital and supporting the ongoing preservation of the Hospices building, now classified as a national monument.
Here are the wines that we have purchased so far (with the exception of the 2018, which is still in the barrel).
This lovely mixed case includes 2 bottles of each PLUS ground shipping included:
- Elden Selections Hospice de Beaune Volnay-Santenots 1er Cru Cuvee Gauvin 2013
- Hospices de Beaune 1er Cru Brunet 2015
- Hospices de Beaune 1er Cru 'Cuvee Pierre Floquet' 2016
- Hospices de Beaune Volnay-Santenots 1er Cru 'Cuvee Gauvin' 2017
- Hospices de Beaune Volnay-Santenots 1er Cru Cuvee Jehan de Massol 2017
- Hospices de Beaune Corton Cuvee Docteur Peste 2017